The SecuPlace alarm panel has been programmed and set up to work with an alarm|SIMCARD for your peace of mind and security.
You can use another SIM in a SecuPlace if required, however it is vitally important that you read the terms and conditions of the mobile network as:
1. All pay as you go networks impose minimum usage requirements on their SIMs which stipulate how many chargeable calls / SMS must be made each 30 / 60 or 90 days in order to keep the SIM active. If the SIM does not meet the required usage requirements it is deactivated and credit is lost. As the sim is in an alarm, when the network send an SMS to advise they are disconnecting your line, you will not see the SMS.
2. Using a sim in an alarm is referred to as M2M (Machine to Machine) as this is where devices use a data connection to 'speak' to each other. This type of use is often prohibited by networks prohibit this type of use under the terms of
We have heard of many instances where a single network SIM is used, the minimum usage requirements have not been met and the SIM is deactivated, all credit is lost and the customer has then not then been alerted to the alarm activating.
In addition, high street SIMs are single network so if there is a problem on the network then the panel goes offline. Our SIMs are multi-network so if one network has an issue the panel can automatically switch to another network within a matter of seconds.
Finally, if you have any issues with the panel and network connectivity, alarm|SIM CARD have access to all the network logs and administrative functions so can quickly evaluate and investigate any issues to resolve them and you have direct access to us via this ticketing system.
We believe we offer an excellent service for both installers and customers:
- Simple pricing structure
- Multi-network SIM with access to UK networks
- No long term commitments or credit checks
- No minimum usage requirements
- FREE email notification of high usage
- FREE UK based support services
- FREE Automatic Account Top Up Service